A peek into the crazy world of the Ellison family!!

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First Day of School



Well it's official they are all in school full time. This is a big year of changes for our family, not only is Connor starting Kindergarten (and mom will not have any kids home :)) but the kids are going to public school. They have been at Our Lady of Consolation for the past 5 years. Pat and I needed to make the decision to transfer Mara, due to her health and learning issues so we decided to transfer the boys also. So not only are they at a public school, they don't have to wear uniforms, and they get to ride the bus. I have drove them everyday to and from school always. They were so excited, and a bit nervous, but were really looking forward to a great year.

They all got to school and after a few tears (okay, so I cried) everything was fine. Yesterday I was cleaning and trying to finish laundry and my wonderful husband asked me why I was cleaning yesterday. He said, "You have waited 10 years to be at home alone, why don't you clean tomorrow." I of course responded with, "Exactly, I have waited 10 years and I am not spending my first day cleaning." So I went and got coffee with my grandma and we went a did a little shopping. It was wonderful.

3 comments:

Kate McKellar said...

They look so adorable and grown-up! I hope they had a great first day and that they really enjoy their new school! Check out my blog soon for Rylee's first day!!

The Hall's said...

OH my gosh!! How great! Congratulations! What a big day for your family! I am excited for that day but dread it at the same time! ;-) Take care!

Tom, Lauren, Maddie and Cru said...

Wow! Big changes for you all. All of your kids are growing so fast and so darn cute. Enjoy this time to relax a little, take care. :)