A peek into the crazy world of the Ellison family!!

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Cameron Kyle












































Cameron Kyle Ellison came into this world on Mother's Day 5-10-09 at 5:22 am. He weighed
7 lbs. 2 oz. and was 19 in. long. On Saturday 5-9 I thought maybe my water was leaking, but Pat was up north at his Grandma's house for a Mother's Day party so I figured I would wait until he got home to call the doctor if the problem continued. Pat finally came home about 6:00 and I had already spoke to the doctor who said I needed to head to the hospital to get it checked.

As usual with all my kids deliveries there is some kind of problem that happens. With Cameron's birth Pat was very, very sick with the cold/flu. So I had him stay home and sleep until I knew exactly what was going on. My mom and sister took me to the hospital and the test of course showed that my water was leaking. I was then immediately started on Pitosin since I was not having contractions. That was at about 10:30. My dad brought Pat to the hospital about 12:00 and nothing had really started. By 3:00 labor had started. I thought, well this is fine I can tolerate this. I guess I was in for a surprise with baby #4 because within 2 hours I could not stand the pain for another second. The nurse gave me Staydol (since I have never had an epidural with any of the other kids I figured I could tough this one out.) The Staydol helped me through, I never would have imagined 30 mins. later Cameron would be here.

The entire pregnancy I joked that he was going to just "fall out" and he literally did. I have one contractions that I told the nurse I felt like I was going to need to push and then the next contractions he was on his way out. The doctor did not even have her gloves all the way on and the nurse was delivering him on the bed. It was crazy.

Cameron is the most wonderful gift to our family and even though Pat and I thought we were content with the three kids we already have. We could not imagine our life without him. He already fits in perfectly and we are so blessed with this little guy.

2 comments:

Kate McKellar said...

He is so precious! What a blessing!

Tom, Lauren, Maddie and Cru said...

Congrats to you and your family!! :D What a sweetie.