A peek into the crazy world of the Ellison family!!

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Fun Weekend!!!

I am really bummed, I was not able to take any pictures of Mara's Epilepsy walk. My camera battery was dead and I think I left the charger up north (of course!). Anyway, the walk went very well. Mara raised close to $300 all by herself and the entire walk raised more than $16,000 for the epilepsy foundation. We had a lot of family join us and we thank everyone who, walked, donated, and just sent us prayers and encouragment through everything.

I on the other hand am a bit bummed, there were different raffle prizes (which I never win) but Pat and the kids usually have pretty good luck. No luck for any of us, but my niece, who is 9 won a free night at the Amway Hotel and our cousin's girlfriend won a gift certificate to Target. Which is always a plus.

We had a great time and Mara is already planning for next year.

2 comments:

Kate McKellar said...

I'm so glad it went well. I really wish I could have been there to support you guys. I'm glad you're doing it again next year!

The Beckers said...

Thanks for the comments, your kids are also beautiful. I can't believe how old they are getting, it goes too fast. These Blogs are a great way to catch up with people-it's fun.